The Colombian fashion industry offers a diverse range of high-quality products, and its vital pillar is qualified and trained human talent. Therefore, the Government understands that guaranteeing their quality of life strengthens the process of eradicating inequality in communities and the pursuit of total peace
This sector is one of the most dynamic in the national economy, concentrated in the main industrial centers of the country, providing easy access to inputs. Additionally, product development corresponds quickly and flexibly to international market trends.
THE FASHION INDUSTRY IN COLOMBIA IS STANDOUT FOR ITS DESIGN CAPACITY AND PRODUCT QUALITY
- Colombia has presence of textile companies and shoe factories with tradition, experience, production capacity and constant developments, which offer an ideal platform for the clothing and manufacturing process and a vertically integrated industry.
- The industry has a diversified range of products recognized for its high quality, use of various materials and contemporary designs with artisan techniques, etc., and at the forefront of global trends.
- Colombian companies offer flexible production adjusted to customer requirements, offering the brand alternative and the full package service, adjusting the quantities to the required needs and giving a quick response to replenishment orders.
- Colombia has a consolidated fashion industry and is recognized for its workmanship and quality, the result of a long history in the market.
COMPETITIVE FACTORS OF THE FASHION INDUSTRY IN COLOMBIA
- The Colombian fashion industry has acquired greater specialization and recognition in the export of products with a high added value.
- Colombia has a robust business fabric of close to 12,000 companies in the fashion industry, mostly microenterprises and small and medioum companies, and a qualified, specialized and internationally recognized labor force.
- Labor costs in the industrial sector are among the lowest in Latin America, as also energy costs in the main productive centers of Colombia.
- Companies in the fashion industry in Colombia can import raw materials and capital goods not produced in the country with a 0% tariff from different markets with which they have trade agreement.
ATTRACTIVE LOCAL MARKET FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE FASHION INDUSTRY
- The trade balance of the Colombian fashion industry has been deficient in recent years, which demonstrates the high internal demand for inputs, clothing and footwear.
- The national fashion industry is recognized, attracting the interest of important international brands.
- Colombia has great opportunities as it has the capacity to produce a wide selection of products such as girdles and control clothing, jeans, underwear, swimwear, and footwear for different customer segments.
STRATEGIC LOCATIONFOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE OPERATIONS WITH REGIONAL AND GLOBAL SCOPE
- Colombia is located in a strategic location in America that allows it to have appropriate delivery times to supply international demand.
- Companies in Colombia benefit from multiple trade agreements that favor trade and investment. These agreements privilege the entry of Colombian products from the textile, clothing and footwear industry to different markets.
- Origin compliance also benefits products manufactured in Colombia. The United States, as the country's main trading partner for the textile-apparel sector, has an exclusive section for these products, some of the limes are excluded and are in short supply.
THE FASHION INDUSTRY HAS DIFFERENT INCENTIVES THAT SEEK TO PROMOTE THE DEVELOPMENT AND COMPETITIVENESS OF THE SECTOR
- The Plan Vallejo allows the import of capital goods, raw materials, inputs and spare parts with exemption from import duties and taxes, subject to compliance with export commitments of final goods or services.
- The free zone regime represents a great opportunity to relocate investment projects.
- Job creation is promoted with programs that have significant impacts on labor costs.
PROCOLOMBIA is the entity in charge of promoting Exports, International Tourism, Foreign Direct Investment and the Country Brand, in order to position Colombia in the world. Get to know the national and international network of offices, where you will find comprehensive support and advice.