banner-publicaciones

 

The Chilean Ilko Arcoaseo opens a plant in Mosquera


La República, May 6, 2010

 

With an investment of over $12 million dollars, the company funded with Chilean capital inaugurated its production plant in Mosquera today. From this location, it plans to increase the company's exports by 30%.

 

From Colombia, its products will reach the United States, Chile, Peru, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Ecuador and Venezuela, among other countries.

 

The company, dedicated to the production and marketing of cooking and cleaning items with the brands Task and Virutex, will use these new facilities to manufacture brooms, mops, dustpans, brushes, plungers and other products which will also be distributed throughout the large shopping centers in Colombia.

 

According to Ricardo Israel, the company's Regional Sales Director, Colombia's strategic location, its skilled workforce and its commercial growth have turned the country into Ilko Arcoaseo's second industrial focus, after its headquarters in Chile. The company currently has four plants in addition to the one in Colombia. They are located in Chile, Peru, Argentina and Mexico, and they all produce different lines of products.

 

The new facilities cover 7,700 square meters with a production area, a warehouse and the company's administrative offices. More than 220 workers are employed here.

 

Management insists that despite Colombia's commercial problems with neighboring countries, the company has not experienced any negative impact in sales. In fact, the opposite has happened. In 2009, there was a 47% growth in exports to Venezuela and the company successfully entered the Ecuadorian market. This was the result of the company's sound commercial proposal that it presented in these markets.

 

Consequently, in 2010, the company plans to sell 180 containers of products to the exterior, compared to the 140 exported in 2009.

 

"We are now starting to see the economy recover, as well as local and international consumption. The year, 2009, was difficult for all sectors, but we are already seeing an important resurgence in the results from the first four months of 2010 and we have confidence in the numbers they can give us", stated Ricardo Israel.

 

Operating in the country for 15 years

 

The Chilean company, Ilko arrived in Colombia in 1995, as part of their international expansion plan that also included Peru, Argentina and Mexico. In 2007, Ilko merged with Arcoaseo, a Colombian company, initially acquiring 60 per cent of the company and later, in 2008 the remaining 40 per cent, thereby creating Ilko Arcoaseo. The group currently exports goods from Colombia to markets in the United States, Mexico, Venezuela, Puerto Rico and Peru, among other countries.

 

 

 

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner

Sectors

Find more information about sector opportunities.
view more Agroindustria Manufacturas Servicios

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Aceptar

Subscribe