Legal Guide Index
- Chapter 1: Protection to foreign investment
- Chapter 2: Foreign exchange and international investment regime
- Chapter 3: Corporate regulations
- Chapter 4: Foreign trade and customs
- Chapter 5: Labor regime
- Chapter 6: Colombian immigration regime
- Chapter 7: Colombian tax regime
- Chapter 8: Environmental regime
- Chapter 9: Energy market
- Chapter 10: Intellectual property
- Chapter 11: Real estate
- Chapter 12: Government procurement
- Chapter 13: Accounting regulation for companies
The Colombian environmental regime has its base on the Political Constitution of Colombia, which promotes the protection of renewable natural resources and the environment, contains the concept of sustainable development, and has enabling mechanisms such as the environmental license or environmental permits that make it possible to make a project viable according to the characteristics of the activities and works, as well as their impact on the environment.
In turn, Law 99 of 1993 and its main amendments contain the guiding principles for environmental activities and create the environmental framework through the National Environmental System (SINA). Therefore, in this chapter, you will find the principles of environmental law, the leading institutions or associated entities, protected areas, permits, authorizations, and licenses required, as well as general information on the corresponding procedures and the applicable regulatory framework.