Colombia, a competitive country for foreign investment
Why should you invest in Colombia?
In recent years, the country has been characterized by the growth of its economy and the arrival of more foreign investment. This has allowed investors to feel comfortable doing business here, always looking for new business opportunities.
Colombia has great political stability and is one of the countries with the greatest economic stability in the region. Its strategic location allows it to be in the world market and obtain different commercial agreements with other countries.
Besides, according to the IMD ranking, Colombia has the most qualified labor force in South America, surpassing countries like Brazil and Chile. It also stands out for its work in innovation, supporting non-traditional sectors such as creative industries, handicrafts, and textiles.
What are the reasons to invest in this country?
These are the main reasons why Colombia is the country to make the best investments:
- It is ranked 32nd largest economy in the world.
- In 2018, it reached a GDP of 2.6%, exceeding the average of the other countries in the region (2.2%).
- It has more than 16 free trade agreements that allow investors preferential access to different markets.
- The free trade zones have become an essential part of the Colombian economy, both for exports and investments.
- These free trade zones in the country offer entrepreneurs facilities such as the provision of adequate endowments and agile foreign trade mechanisms.
- It also has the first free zone in Latin America certified by the World Free Zone Organization as one of the safest in the world (Bogota free zone).
- It is among the 30 most populated countries in the world and has the second-largest Spanish-speaking population.
- The whole country, especially Bogota, is consolidating as the most important HUB in Latin America for business tourism.
- According to Doing Business, Colombia has positioned itself as the fourth friendliest destination in Latin America for doing business.
- The country has very attractive tax benefits for entrepreneurs, which generate profitability and return on foreign investment.
For these reasons, it has been possible to boost foreign investment in the country. If you are interested in investing in Colombia do not hesitate to do so, you will have different opportunities and benefits.